With mental health services facing unique challenges, Brent Kilmurray (Chief Executive of Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust), joined Tom Clarke (Director, Mtech Access) on Friday 29th January at 2.00 pm for our live webinar: ‘Heads at the heart of the NHS: How mental health is central to everything in the new NHS’.
In our January #WhispersWordsofWisdom webinar, Tom Clarke was joined by Brent Kilmurray to explore the challenges of leading mental health services in the NHS.
The focus on Mental Health is increasing, having been brought into sharper relief during the COVID-19 pandemic and with major reforms of the Mental Health Act under government consultation.
As Chief Executive of the Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust, and with almost 20 years of experience in strategic and operational roles in the NHS, Brent is well placed to explore the challenges facing mental health services and what can be done to deliver change in this area.
The Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of mental health, learning disability and eating disorder services for the people living in County Durham and Darlington, the Tees Valley and most of North Yorkshire.
We are excited to welcome Brent to the Whispers’ Words of Wisdom webinar series.
This webinar forms part of our monthly Whispers’ Words of Wisdom series, in which we have in‑depth, comprehensive conversations with senior colleagues from the NHS. We explore what their immediate priorities are, what they see as the greatest challenges currently faced by the NHS, and how the NHS might respond to these challenges.
Our previous webinars are now available on demand:
- December 2020: ‘Pharmacy and Medicines in the Integrated Care Systems (ICS) of the new NHS’ with guest speaker Laura Angus (Interim Lead Pharmacist, Humber Coast and Vale ICS)
- November 2020: ‘Is prevention better than the cure? How can the NHS and public health work closer to improve population health?’ with guest speaker Dr Peter Brambleby (Independent Public Health Consultant)
- October 2020: ‘Understanding the tipping point: when elective becomes selective in NHS surgery’ with guest speaker Simon Parsons (Divisional Director of Surgery at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust)
- September 2020: ‘Leading within an evolving, integrating system: Insights from an NHS leader’ with guest speaker: Deborah Lee (CEO of Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Trust)
- August 2020: ‘ICS: Separating Fact from Myth: Insights from a System Leader’ with guest speaker: Dr Claire Fuller (Senior Responsible Officer at Surrey Heartlands Health and Care Partnership)
- July 2020: ‘The Evolving NHS: Lessons for Pharma and Medtech’ a discussion between Tom Clarke and David Thorne (Directors, Mtech Access)