Who we are and what we do
We are a dynamic, friendly and rapidly expanding independent market access and HEOR consultancy with offices in Oxfordshire, London, Manchester, York, Newcastle, and Cambridge. We provide strategy and solutions to help Pharma and Medtech companies bring interventions to market, providing more patient choice and meeting the needs of the healthcare environment.
We strive to be the consultancy of choice for people pursuing careers in market access and HEOR by maintaining a high-performing, happy, motivated community. We are proud of our collaborative, nurturing environment and are known for our exemplary work and for being agile and innovative.
Our core services are health economics, systematic literature review and network meta-analysis, global market access and pricing, UK NHS Insights, HTA support, and customer communication.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated Principal Medical Writer, with a genuine interest in how healthcare innovation is communicated, to join our expanding team of market access writers at Mtech Access. The ideal candidate would have a high work ethic, be team oriented and hands-on in a varied role, with a minimum of 6 years of relevant writing experience gained within a consultancy or similar environment.
As Principal Medical Writer, you will work across the business providing market access writing expertise, to support the successful delivery of client projects and internal workstreams, working in a dynamic, supportive, and collaborative environment. You will work closely with colleagues within multi-disciplinary project teams and externally with clients, external associates (e.g. key opinion leaders), and third-party agencies to achieve project objectives, and play an active role in the continued growth of the medical writing team and the company.
This is a permanent position, which could be based in any of our offices.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the designated lead writer on projects, working autonomously to deliver evidence-based, fully-referenced content, consistently to a high standard and to deadline
- Working across a varied range of therapeutic areas and a breadth of market access deliverables, including health technology assessment evidence submissions, global value dossiers, value proposition slide decks, objection handlers, budget impact tool introductory screens, formulary packs, advanced planning notifications, workshop/expert interview summaries, and publications
- Additional activities may include desk-based research, participation in expert knowledge elicitation activities, e.g. interviews and workshops, development of reference packs, data validation, and use of client approval systems to upload and annotate references
- Adhering to internal and client quality control measures and taking personal responsibility for the quality of your work
- Effectively managing the input of support writers on projects
- Advising on the strategic direction/shaping of medical writing deliverables to ensure these are ‘fit for purpose’ and meet client objectives
- As a key member of a project team, leading on appropriate aspects of the workstream, including the intellectual design, timeline development, and the ongoing organisation and execution, including timely communication with colleagues and clients, leading specific aspects of client meetings or the entire meeting, note taking, and execution of relevant actions
- Within medical writing-related workstreams and activities, leading discussions with colleagues and clients, showing the authority and confidence in your speciality knowledge, and wider understanding of the market access environment and healthcare systems of relevance, to advise and support
- Contributing to the continued growth and development of the medical writing team and the wider business, including providing technical mentorship and support, identifying training needs of team members, and contributing to formal training
- Contributing to medical writing team responsibilities
- Line management would be expected if opportunities exist
- As required, contributing to specific business development activities for appropriate medical writing deliverables, such as researching and writing proposals, participating in introductory calls with clients, and contributing to pitches.Requirements
- 6+ years’ relevant experience, gained within a consultancy (or similar) environment
- A life sciences degree or equivalent qualification
- Demonstrable volume of experience developing market access materials, which may include health technology assessment submissions, global value dossiers, value proposition slide decks, objection handlers, local market access materials, and publications
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and EndNote (or other bibliographic software), and competent in the use of Excel
- Proficiency in basic research and literature reviews, including basic knowledge of PubMed functions
- Working knowledge of key industry guidelines, e.g. ABPI
- Highly autonomous, with excellent communication skills, both written and spoken (English)
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to assimilate information quickly and accurately
- High level of integrity, with a strong understanding and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong planning, organisation, and time management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Capable of working in a changing and fast-paced environment
- Proactive, positive attitude with an ability to find effective solutions to issues
- A commitment to ongoing development and learning
- A high work ethic, with a can-do attitude towards management of priorities
- A life sciences PhD
- Experience of using Veeva PromoMats or similar approval platforms
- Experience of mentoring and/or supervising junior writers
- Experience of line management
- Experience of business development activities, including writing proposals
What we offer
- A competitive salary and annual bonus scheme
- The opportunity to develop your own skills in a supportive and friendly environment
- A hybrid mix of home and office working
- 25 days paid annual leave (plus bank holidays), increasing with length of service
- An additional 3 days paid leave during our Christmas closure
- Your birthday off
- An employee volunteering day each year
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Life Assurance at 4x gross salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Wellbeing, recognition, and employee savings scheme
- Optional private healthcare insurance via salary sacrifice
- Subsidised eyecare
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Enhanced parental leave policies
This is a permanent position that can based in any of our office locations across Bicester (Oxfordshire), London, Cambridge, Manchester, York & Newcastle.