At Mtech Access, our ultimate goal is to support our clients in ensuring that life-enhancing interventions are available to the patients who need them. We do this by overcoming reimbursement and regulatory barriers to access, supporting product launches and effectively communicating product value to healthcare decision makers. Our comprehensive range of evidence-based market access solutions are informed by industry and technical expertise paired with real-world insights.
This all supports our shared commitment to making clients’ projects successful and delivering optimal outcomes for patients. We pride ourselves on delivering work of the highest quality, exceeding expectations and working in a flexible pragmatic way in partnership with our clients.
We are privileged to have a team of 70+ (and growing) amazing colleagues who share our vision and ethos of becoming the greatest pioneers in our field!
We are now looking for a new colleague to join our growing team of systematic reviewers. As a Senior Consultant – Evidence Synthesis, you will work primarily in the systematic review team providing broad domain expertise, and supporting client and project management, as needed, to support the successful delivery of client projects and internal workstreams. In this role, you will generally be expected to work without the need for support from senior colleagues. You will be often required to work with multi-disciplinary project teams and externally with clients, to achieve project objectives.
Your key responsibilities:
- Managing Analysts and working alongside Consultants and Directors to contribute to the leadership and delivery of engagements in a range of therapeutic areas and a breadth of deliverables, including but not limited to:
- Designing search strategies
- Citation screening
- Quality assessment of all study designs
- Ability to summarise a large amount of data in a simple format and identify key themes from datasets
- Leading on appropriate aspects of the project, including the intellectual design, timeline planning, and ongoing project organisation.
- Advising on the strategic direction/shaping of speciality deliverables to ensure these are ‘fit for purpose’ and meet client objectives.
- Formal project management of appropriate projects will also be a key part of the role.
- Adhering to internal and client quality control measures and taking personal responsibility for the quality of project deliverables and effectively managing the input of support/junior project team contributors, if required.
- Mentoring and developing junior members of the team in project delivery and domain knowledge.
- Contributing to or leading business development activities such as:
- Researching and writing proposals
- Presenting at pitches
- Developing accounts from ongoing client work
- Managing client accounts and ongoing relationships
- Establishing and developing lasting relationships with clients.
- Mentoring and developing junior members of the team including dissemination of skills and knowledge, on- and off-project, and formal training.
- Contribute to functional team responsibilities, including the development of best practice and standards, development of training resources and facilitation of training sessions, and recruitment into the team.
- Line management would be expected if opportunities exist.
- A minimum of 6 years relevant experience gained within a consultancy or pharmaceutical company environment.
- Strong academic background, educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in a life sciences or medical discipline.
- Expertise in both management and execution of all stages of the systematic review process to conduct clinical, economic, QOL, and epidemiology reviews
- Ability to interpret results of meta-analysis projects would be beneficial
- Excellent knowledge of global pricing and market access systems and consulting methodologies, including both primary and secondary research.
- Experience in business development, contributing to proposal development and client presentations.
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly motivated team player with an outstanding eye for detail and quality
- High IT proficiency, particularly with Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
What we offer:
- Life Assurance at 4x gross salary
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Group Private medical insurance
- 25 days paid annual leave (plus bank holidays and 3 days Christmas closure)
- Your birthday off
- Access to wellbeing support
- Annual bonuses
- Onsite treats and snacks
This role can be based in any of our locations in Bicester (Oxfordshire), London, Manchester, Cambridge, York or Newcastle.
To apply for this role, please click on the ‘apply here’ button below to attach your CV and cover letter.