At Mtech Access, we are a dynamic, friendly, and rapidly expanding independent market access consultancy with offices in Oxfordshire, London, Manchester, York, Newcastle, and Cambridge. We deliver Evidence and Value services hand-in-hand with innovative Digital solutions. We are one team, with one vision – to improve how value is communicated so patients get access to the treatments they need.
Our core services include value proposition development, health economic modelling and health technology assessment (HTA) submissions, alongside Veeva integrated budget impact models and interactive stakeholder toolkits with business case generation capabilities (via Veeva Approved Email).
We are currently looking for trainee medical writers, with a genuine interest in how healthcare innovation is communicated, to join our expanding market access team of writers.
In this role, you will work across the business providing market access writing expertise, to support the successful delivery of client projects and internal workstreams, working in a dynamic, supportive, and collaborative environment.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with colleagues with a range of skill sets within multi-disciplinary project teams, and externally with clients, external associates (e.g., key opinion leaders), and third-party agencies to achieve project objectives, and to play an active role in the continued growth of the medical writing team and the company.
- Acting as the market access writer on projects, working under an appropriate senior lead writer, to deliver evidence-based, fully-referenced content, consistently to a high standard and to set deadlines.
- Working across a varied range of therapeutic areas and a breadth of deliverables, including HTA submissions, global value dossiers, value propositions, local market access materials and manuscripts.
- Communicating with colleagues and clients in a timely, transparent, and knowledgeable manner.
- As a member of project teams, contributing to the ongoing organisation and execution of projects.
- Contributing to the continued growth and development of the Medical Writing team.
Key skills and knowledge
- A life sciences degree or equivalent qualification.
- A life sciences PhD is highly desirable. Recent PhD graduates or those approaching the end of their PhD are encouraged to apply.
- Evidence of authorship of published articles in peer-reviewed journals is desirable.
- Proficient with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and EndNote (or other bibliographic software).
- Proficient at basic research and literature reviews (basic knowledge of PubMed functions required).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for internal and external communications.
- Team player – prepared to work respectfully, inclusively, and collaboratively with colleagues to support the needs of the project team and the client.
- Values and respects diversity.
- Strong attention to detail and will assume responsibility for quality control of own work.
- Exhibits a highly organised and structured approach to work.
- Have a high work ethic and strive to exceed expectations.
- Ability to understand and assimilate new information quickly.
- Ability to work creatively, both independently and in a project team.
- Ability to identify and analyse problems and offer solutions.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Facilitates a collaborative, supportive, and productive working environment.
- Ability to be flexible, manage multiple tasks and prioritise work effectively according to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Passion to learn and grow professionally and committed to continuous development.
- Confidence to present to, and interact with, colleagues and clients, and at times challenge their decisions in an appropriate manner.
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Commitment from the company to continued learning and development
- Life Assurance at 4x gross salary
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Group Private medical insurance
- 25 days paid annual leave (plus bank holidays and an additional 3 days paid leave during Christmas closure)
- Your birthday off
- Access to wellbeing and mental health support
- Annual bonuses
- A hybrid of home and office working
Please note that this role can be based in: Bicester, London, or Manchester.