Who we are and what we do
At Mtech Access, we are a dynamic, friendly, and rapidly expanding independent market access consultancy with offices in Oxfordshire, London, Manchester, York, Newcastle, and Cambridge. We provide market access and HEOR services to top Pharmaceutical companies, Medtech innovators and the wider life sciences industry. Our ultimate goal is to support our clients in ensuring that life-enhancing interventions are available to the patients who need them.
Our core services include global and local market access strategy and insights, value proposition development, health economic modelling, systematic literature review, network meta-analysis and health technology assessment (HTA) submissions, alongside Veeva integrated budget impact models and interactive stakeholder toolkits with business case generation capabilities (via Veeva Approved Email).
We are currently looking for medical writers of all experience levels, with a genuine interest in how healthcare innovation is communicated, to join our expanding market access team of writers.
In this role, you will work across the business providing market access writing expertise, to support the successful delivery of client projects and internal workstreams, working in a dynamic, supportive, and collaborative environment.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with colleagues with a range of skill sets within multi-disciplinary project teams, and externally with clients, external associates (e.g., key opinion leaders), and third-party agencies to achieve project objectives, and to play an active role in the continued growth of the medical writing team and the company as a whole.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the support or lead writer (experience dependent) on projects, to deliver evidence-based, fully-referenced content, consistently to a high standard and to set deadlines.
- Working across a varied range of therapeutic areas and a breadth of deliverables, including HTA submissions, global value dossiers, value propositions, local market access materials and manuscripts.
- Communicating with colleagues and clients in a timely, transparent and knowledgeable manner, including the provision of strategic advice, where appropriate.
- As a member of project teams, contributing to the intellectual design, planning, and organisation of projects.
- Actively contributing to the continued growth and development of the Medical Writing team.
- Additional responsibilities of line management, mentoring on- and off-project, development and delivery of in-house training, and business development, including proposal development, would be anticipated for senior roles.
Key skills and knowledge
- Minimum of 1 years’ writing experience, gained within a consultancy environment.
- A life sciences degree or equivalent qualification.
- A Ph.D. obtained in life sciences would be highly desirable.
- Experience in developing market access materials, which may include HTA submissions, global value dossiers, value propositions, local market access materials, such as formulary packs and manuscripts.
- Proficient with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and EndNote (or other bibliographic software).
- Experience with Veeva PromoMats is desirable.
- Proficient at basic research and literature reviews (basic knowledge of PubMed functions required).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for internal and external communications.
- Experience in line management, mentoring/training, and business development for senior roles.
- Team player – prepared to work respectfully, inclusively, and collaboratively with colleagues to support the needs of the project team and the client.
- Values and respects diversity.
- Strong attention to detail and will assume responsibility for quality control of own work.
- Exhibits a highly organised and structured approach to work.
- Have a high work ethic and strive to exceed expectations.
- Ability to understand and assimilate new information quickly.
- Ability to work creatively, both independently and in a project team.
- Ability to identify and analyse problems and offer solutions.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Facilitates a collaborative, supportive, and productive working environment.
- Ability to be flexible, manage multiple tasks and prioritise work effectively according to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Passion to learn and grow professionally and committed to continuous development.
- Confidence to present to, and interact with, colleagues and clients, and at times challenge their decisions in an appropriate manner.
- A competitive salary and annual bonus scheme
- A commitment to continued learning and development
- A hybrid of home and office working
- 25 days paid annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional 3 days paid leave during Christmas closure
- Your birthday off
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Life Assurance at 4x gross salary
- Access to wellbeing and mental health support
- Optional private healthcare insurance via salary sacrifice
- Subsidised eyecare
- Enhanced parental leave policies
Please note that this role can be based in any of our locations: Bicester, London, Manchester, Cambridge, York, or Newcastle.
To apply for this role, please click on the ‘apply here’ button below to attach your CV and cover letter.