Who we are and what we do
At Mtech Access, we are a dynamic, friendly, and rapidly expanding independent market access consultancy with offices in Oxfordshire, London, Manchester, York, Newcastle, and Cambridge. We deliver Evidence and Value services hand-in-hand with innovative Digital solutions. We are one team, with one vision – to improve how value is communicated so patients get access to the treatments they need.
Our core services include value proposition development, health economic modelling, and health technology assessment (HTA) submissions, alongside Veeva integrated budget impact models and interactive stakeholder toolkits with business case generation capabilities (via Veeva Approved Email).
We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated Associate Health Economist to join our friendly Health Economics team at Mtech Access. This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference in a dynamic and rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate would have a high work ethic, be team-oriented and hands-on in a varied role.
This is a permanent position based in one of our offices in either London, Manchester, York or Bicester (Oxfordshire).
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the support modeller on activities and projects, working under an appropriate senior member of the Health Economics team to deliver evidence-based and accurate content consistently to a high standard, across a varied range of therapeutic areas and a breadth of deliverables, including but not limited to:
- Global cost-effectiveness and budget impact models
- Early cost-effectiveness and budget impact models
- Health technology assessment submissions
- Payer communication tools
- Model validation (internal or external)
- Statistical analyses required for health economics (survival analysis, utility analysis)
- Other activities may include:
- Desk-based research
- Participation in expert knowledge elicitation activities, e.g. interviews, advisory boards, workshops
- Adhering to internal and client quality control measures and take personal responsibility for the quality of your work
- As a member of a project team, actively contributing to the ongoing organisation and execution of projects, including timely communication with colleagues and clients, participation in meetings, note taking and execution of relevant actions
- A degree or equivalent in economics or statistics and ideally a postgraduate degree or equivalent in Health Economics, or any related domain
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly motivated team player with an outstanding eye for detail and quality
- Fluent written and spoken English skills
- Knowledge of statistical analysis/modelling software such as SAS, STATA, or R would be an advantage
- A competitive salary and annual bonus scheme
- A commitment to continued learning and development
- A hybrid mix of home and office working
- 25 days paid annual leave (plus bank holidays and an additional 3 days paid leave during Christmas closure)
- Your birthday off
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Life Assurance at 4x gross salary
- Access to wellbeing and mental health support
- Optional private healthcare insurance via salary sacrifice
- Subsidised eyecare
- Enhanced parental leave policies
Please note that this role can be based in the following locations: Bicester (Oxfordshire), London, Manchester or York.